7 Questions to Ask Your Roofing Contractor in Denver, CO
Most homeowners and commercial property owners are not experts in roofing. That can make it difficult for them to make informed decisions when discussing an installation, replacement or repair project with a roofing contractor. As a leading roofing company in the Denver and Boulder area, we want each customer who we serve to understand the decisions they make, so we take special care to explain the essentials of every job in terms that are easy to understand. Helping our customers make the best decisions for their home and budget is a high priority for us. You should expect any roofer to answer the many questions you have about a new or replacement roof to your satisfaction before making any decision. Here are some of the questions that we recommend that you ask before giving the go-ahead on any roofing job:
- Are You Licensed & Insured? – Your roofer should be a licensed contractor in Colorado and carry both liability insurance and insurance on employers to protect you and your property. Our locally owned roofing company in Denver is licensed and carries both types of insurance.
- How Long Have You Been in the Roofing Business in the Denver Area? – Colorado roofs face tough weather conditions and challenges, and only a contractor with experience with local conditions can assure you of a durable roof designed for the local area conditions. Incline Roofing has been in business here since 1996.
- What Types of Roofing Materials Do You Recommend for My Home? – Different homes are best roofed with specific materials, although a wide range of shingles and other materials are suitable for most homes. Not all roofers have experience with all types of roofs, and may not be comfortable with recommending materials that you may prefer. As a reputable Colorado roofing contractor, we install all types of roofs, and will suggest a wide range of roofing shingles that suit your home and neighborhood.
- What Are the Key Differences between the Shingles You Suggest? – Your should expect your roofer to clearly explain the price, durability, warranty, and other differences between each choice of roofing shingles that are suitable for your property. When we come to your home for a free, no-obligation consultation and cost estimate, we’ll take all the time you need to explain these differences and answer all of your questions.
- How Much Will My New Roof Cost? – This is a crucial question, and your roofing contractor should provide you with a cost estimate that includes every aspect of the project. The pricing estimate should be broken down into categories for removal of old shingles, the cost of the new shingles, installation costs and all other costs of the project. We will explain each item clearly and provide pricing for all available options.
- Will There Be Any Additional Costs? – In some cases, once the old shingles or other materials are removed, a need for repairs or replacement of the decking under your old roof may be revealed. Your roofer should discuss this possibility with you and explain how much this work might cost if required. We will always discuss this possibility with you, and if such additional work is needed, we will provide complete information and get your approval before continuing work.
- When Can You Start and When Will My New Roof Be Finished? – You should expect a clear answer for this question before contracting for the work. The representatives with our locally owned roofing company in Denver know our schedule and will be able to give you an accurate start and finish time for your project. We also work to arrange the work to suit your own busy schedule.
Top-Ranked Roofing Contractor for Denver Residential & Commercial Customers
Providing accurate information to our customers is an important part of our dedication to complete customer satisfaction. We understand that any roofing project is a major event for every homeowner or commercial property owner. When you call us for a free, no-obligation consultation and cost estimate at your location, we’ll help you understand all of your options, answer all your questions, and provide all the information you need, objectively and without any high-pressure tactics. Our competitive pricing and superior service and craftsmanship are what set us apart from many other Denver roofing contractors. Our goal is always to provide you with an excellent, cost-effective experience throughout your roofing project. Contact us today to discuss any roofing need.