Frequently Asked Questions about Denver, Colorado Roofing Services
As a leader in Colorado roofing services, the roofers at Incline Exteriors Roofing are constantly answering questions from our customers about every aspect of their roofs. We’re always happy to provide accurate, objective information about materials, installation, and repairs as part of our dedication to complete customer service. We know that roofing services and technology are not subjects that most homeowners and commercial property owners understand well, so we are careful to provide answers in terms that are easy to understand. In our free, no-obligation consultations with property owners, we gladly answer all questions, because we know that an informed customer will make the best possible decisions. On this page, we’d like to share the answers to some of the most common questions we hear:
- Could I Install My Own Roof as a Do-It-Yourself Project? – While it’s possible for a skilled homeowner to install a typical 3-tab asphalt shingle roof on a simple design, it’s not something we’d recommend. Aside from the safety issues of working on rooftops, proper installation of shingles involves a lot of detail work that must be done correctly to avoid future problems with the roof. Our roofers undergo extensive training in installation, and use all of that training and experience to do the job right. When you consider the cost of your own time, the risk of injury, and other factors, installing your own roof almost never is a good idea. It’s a job best left to the well-trained roofers.
- Wouldn’t It Be Cheaper to Just Add a Layer of Shingles on Top of My Existing Roof? – It would, but we would never overlay shingles to save money. Here’s why: First, there’s no way to know the condition of your roof’s decking or whether proper underlayments are present. Second, overlay shingles don’t last well, and make any manufacturer’s warranty void. Third, industry standards and building codes in most jurisdictions prohibit overlay roofs. Finally, our roofers will not install a cheap, substandard overlay one. We know that such roofs are never satisfactory and will soon become an problem.
- How Can I Save Money on My New Roof? – When you are planning a new or replacement roof, the best place to start saving on its cost is in selecting the type and grade of shingle. However, don’t make the mistake of selecting low-quality shingles. Durable 3-tab fiberglass asphalt shingles are a very affordable option when your budget is tight, and the labor costs of installation are economical, as well. That’s why we install more asphalt shingle roofs than any other in the Denver metro area. When you discuss your new roof with us after calling for a free cost estimate, we’ll work with you to find the right one for your home and your budget. Our pricing is always highly competitive for high quality roof installations.
- My Roof is Leaking. Am I Going to Need a New Roof? – Not necessarily. Roof leaks are common around chimneys, skylights, dormers, and other roof penetrations. Typically, the source of the problem is issues with the flashing around those roof features. Often, the actual leak occurs some distance from where you notice it in your home. In most cases, if your roof is otherwise sound, technicians from our roofing company in Denver can locate the leak quickly, and make repairs to seal the leaks or replace defective flashing, restoring your roof for many years of future service. We will never suggest a replacement if repairs can give it a longer useful life.
- A Salesman Stopped by My House and Offered Me a Lifetime Roof Deal. What Do You Think? – While we don’t know the details of that offer, you’d be wise to get other opinions. There are a number of shingles that offer lifetime warranties, and our trusted Colorado roofing company will be happy to give you details about them. We install all types and grades of shingles and can show you all available options. We’ll carefully explain the advantages and disadvantages of each material, give you a highly competitive price quote, and help you make the best choice for your property. We don’t send salesmen around trying to sell people new roofs, and we don’t push a particular roof material. Instead, we recommend a wide range of high-quality roofing and provide the outstanding installation that assures you of the longest possible life for your new roof. We encourage you to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation and cost estimate, so you can make the best choice for your property and budget.
Trusted, Locally Owned Roofing Contractor – Denver, Colorado
When you need a new roof, a replacement or any other services, you need accurate, objective information and honest answers to your questions. Trust your roofing project to a leader in Denver area roofing and compare any offer you get with an offer from a trusted contractor with an outstanding reputation for high quality and customer satisfaction. The roofing business is highly competitive in Colorado, but not all roofers are alike. At Incline Roofing, our highest priorities are quality and complete customer satisfaction. We install all types of roofing materials to the highest standards, and our team of experienced professional roofers never compromise quality work or cut corners on proper installation. Before contracting with anyone for your new or replacement roof, contact us for a free, no-obligation roof evaluation and estimate. Let us show you why our experience and integrity makes us your best choice in roofing.